Monday, February 21, 2011

And one and two and make it stop

And she musters the strength to plop her flesh-ribbon arms atop the keyboard.

Today marks the beginning of Adam's and my tone-it-up journey. Headed out to Kitsap Sports to see what there was to see in the way of fitness sundries. Jackpot. Out of 5 pound weights, but I grabbed some 4 pounders. Considering I just read that the average person carries around 5 extra pounds of weight in their colon, I figured I could handle 4 more. Adam played the hero with 10. Not 10 pounds of residue in his colon. The other thing.

Anyway.

We're working on doing sets of timed wall-sits, chest presses, butterflies, overhead tri and planks. Man, if 90 seconds doesn't feel like an eternity when your lower back is about to implode. Those planks are killer. We tried to add pushups to the list but. . .alas, we are just too darn weak and pathetic for that just yet. It's not a matter of pain. They weren't kidding about that mind over matter junk. Who are they anyway? What am I supposed to tell muscles when they absolutely refuse to lift my face off the dirty floor?

Adam spent quite a bit of time on our new exercise spreadsheet, which I think was his favorite part of the workout, so this better be worth it. :)

Ooooh *snorts and pushes up glasses* charts and graphs, hmyeaaah.

Adam working hard on. . .something?


I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment