Monday, February 14, 2011

Simple Things


It's Valentine's Day.

Last night, I was sifting through one of my old e-mail accounts looking for something else and what I found was just as good.

*******************************************************

Sunday, January 19th 2003 4:05 PM

hello mrs. anderson, how are you? 'tis beth. i would like your help with a little something. valentine's day is coming up and i know adam really really likes that cinnamon raisin bread that you buy for him. i was hoping perhaps i could send him some as a gift. i was just wondering exactly what it was, such as the brand or whatever. i think it would be a nice surprise. so any help out with this would be much appreciated. thank you very much.
--beth

*************************************************

Tuesday, January 21 2003 11:36 AM

I think that is a wonderful idea! Every time he toasted a slice he would think of you (not that he wouldn't be thinking of you anyway!) I don't know the brand without checking at the store. But I will check it out and get back to you.
What a fun idea! Nice to hear from you. Hope school is going well. Keep in touch!

Barbara

*******************************************************

Tuesday, January 21 2003 2:23 PM

OK - just made a run to the bread store. I had to anyway, because Adam left a note on the refrigerator board this morning telling me we were OUT of bread. The bread he likes is called Napa Valley Cinnamon Vanilla Raisin. I would guess that since Napa Valley is in our area and since the package says "Baked fresh in the North West" you might not be able to find it way back in Penn.

The postage to send the bread would probably be as much as the bread (which I think is about $3.00 a loaf - $2.00 if I can find it on sale. How would it be if I bought the loaf and put a ribbon on it?

Have a happy day,
Barbara

*******************************************************

Tuesday, January 21 2003 5:05 PM

hey, actually, that would be great if you could just buy it there, considering i probably won't be able to find the same thing here. that is so awesome of you. yay, this will much fun. ok, so i will send a card to your office so as not to have this secret plan detected by adam, haha. and that would be wonderful if you could just leave it somewhere for him on feb. 14. so, the bread is $3.00? i will send that with the card. i will just need your office address so i can get that out to you as soon as i can. yay, this will make adam happy. thank you so much.
--beth

*******************************************************

Thursday, February 13 2003 1:29 PM

Just want you to know I'm remembering our plans. I will go out today and buy the raisin bread. I will tie it up in a red ribbon and tuck your card under the ribbon. I'll leave it on the table so Adam will find it when he first gets up tomorrow morning. He will be pleased, I know. Have a happy Valentines Day!

Barbara

*************************************************

Tuesday, February 13 2003 10:45 PM

yaaay, i'm so excited. thank you. this is so cool.
--eliza

*************************************************

Tuesday, February 18 2003 4:40 PM

You're very welcome. One thing I like about you two is the happiness you find in simple things. It really is a gift and you seem equally blessed with that attitude. Adam must have liked the bread because as of last night there were only 3-4 slices left. The toaster is out every time I look at the counter. So he has indeed been enjoying! Good idea on your part!

Have a happy day.
Barbara

*************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment