Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Point Yes Point


This past Sunday, Adam and I trekked out on an adventure to Point No Point Beach & Lighthouse.  It was a gorgeous day, perfect for exfoliating feet in the sand and dipping toes in freezing cold Pacific Northwest ocean water.




We checked out the lighthouse first, meeting up with this old construction lawyer guy who gave us a short tour.  And I mean short.  I think the whole building was only 500 sq. ft.  And he told us that, at one time, there were 54 guys bunking in there.  How appropriate that I'm watching Full House right now!



There were some super old black and white photos of a guy with a perpetual parrot on his shoulder.  Turns out his name is Cary and he was a lighthouse attendant back in the early 1900's.  Without even knowing his story, I'm already pretty sure his wife hated that parrot.

Apparently, there's this old legend that the lighthouse lens is cracked because it was hit by lightning.  Even the wikipedia page claims this story.  While lightning did strike the lighthouse, that's not the real history behind the cracked lens.


Man, old stuff is cool.

After checking out the lighthouse, we just wandered the beach.  Squishing the sand between our toes and happening upon some rad structures; made of sand, driftwood, seaweed, rocks.













 Someone was inspired by Mr. Twain.











I thought this log peeking up looked like an eel!








Yay for spontaneous adventures!!

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember how it drove you all crazy that I wanted to actually READ all that historical and/or informational stuff? You'd all be way ahead of me... "Come ON, Mum."
    Mirror, Mirror on the wall,
    I am my mother, after all.
    *snort*

    ReplyDelete